Guilt-free gummy candies?!? YES!
This recipe saves me when I’m making kids’ lunches. I’m always struggling trying to find healthy things that they’ll actually eat. Enter these gummies! The kids view them almost as candy, but they’re made with kombucha, a bit of natural sweetener, and gelatin, which is great for the gut, hair, skin, and nails. #momwin
You can make these with any kind of kombucha. Use your favorite, or experiment with all different kinds. I like to use my homemade apple cinnamon version.
About the sweeteners.. I find the best flavor profile happens when you combine stevia with erythritol rather than using one on its own. Lakanto has an erythritol base even though it’s labeled as a monkfruit sweetener (there’s both in there). It’s usually my go-to, along with Now Foods organic liquid stevia.
- 1/2 cup of your favorite kombucha
- juice of 1/2 a lemon (about 1T)
- 3 drops Now Foods liquid stevia
- 1.5 tablespoons Lakanto sweetener or Erythritol
- 1.5 tablespoons grass-fed gelatin
- Add half the kombucha and the lemon juice to a bowl and pour the gelatin on top. Stir gently, then let sit for 5-10 minutes to bloom. This will ensure that everything blends smoothly when you heat it.
- Add the rest of the kombucha to a small saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until almost simmering. Stir in the sweeteners until dissolved.
- Add in the gelatin mixture and stir or whisk until smooth.
- Set your molds on a small baking sheet. Pour the liquid into your molds* and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours to set.
*You can also use a small glass casserole dish and cut into squares once formed